Agile Project Manager
Full-time, Hybrid (Titusville, Florida)
At 8K Solutions, we are a small but mighty team of diverse individuals who create bleeding-edge technology products for elite sports teams across the United States and Canada. We are looking for an Agile Project Manager who has broad experience managing both Agile and non-Agile processes for hardware and software products. The optimal candidate will be a servant leader who possesses exceptional communications skills, a high aptitude for technology and business, a developed sense of adaptability, and comfort with quickly changing priorities. The ideal Agile Project Manager will be trained and certified in project management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning project scope and allocating resources such as personnel, tools, and processes.
- Seeing roadblocks ahead then removing them for the team through proactive communication, planning and scope management.
- Support the Product Owner by managing stakeholder communication, customer expectations for project deliverables, and implementing. Managing the system of project governance.
- Define and manage a project management process, then champion ongoing process improvement.
- Promote empowerment and engagement of the team, encourage a sustainable pace for producing high quality products.
- Act as a coach and mentor to junior development and engineering staff.
Essential Requirements for this Position
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Experience: 3+ years of experience managing technical teams across hardware and software products is required. An expert level of understanding of project management methodologies, including Agile, non-Agile like Waterfall, and SAFe is required.
Certification: PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, or ASM certifications will receive special consideration
Other Qualities and Knowledge That Make this Position a Good Fit
- Solid understanding of the product development life cycle as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles with the ability to blend these methodologies together in the right proportions to fit various projects and business needs
- Ability to communicate highly technical details to stakeholders from across the company, including those who are less technical
- Deep understanding and experience administering JIRA Software, JIRA Work Management and Confluence
- Servant leadership style to coach the team prioritizing growth, well-being, and empowerment of the team
Up to 10% of travel is required for this role. Rare travel to customer sites via car or plane to help with testing, recording testing activities, and reporting results to the product team. Travel to industry conferences and trade shows is optional.
If this is you, submit a cover note and resume using the button below.